Site C600/edits

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi Jim,
    I have a question for you/the edit workgroup from an abstractor in our state. Below is the information shared with me.
    Please let me know what you think and I will share with her.
    Thank you.
    Julie Nielsen

Below is the edit report and below that is the post/reply from Donna. I think they might have changed something since the original post because I was getting multiple edits before and now I am just getting the one. It is a conflict between the TNM Clin N and CS SSF3 but I have tried both code 999 and code 005 for SSF3 and can’t get the edit to clear. There are no other SSF3 codes that apply and I really think it should be 999 since there was no dx before the surgery.
    Date: 1/31/2017
    Time: 3:53:51 PM
    Primary Site: C600
    _____________________________________________________________________________________
    Metafile Name: Elektav16C.rmf
    EditSets Used: Elekta16C – Extended

Error Number: 1 (3322)
    Edit Name: TNM N, SSF 3 Melanoma of Skin (CoC)
    Edit Set Name: Elekta16C – Extended
    Edit Error Message: Conflict between TNM Clin N (<BLANK>) and CS Site-Specific Factor 3 (999)
    Field(Pos): TNM Clin N (962)=> <BLANK>
    Field(Pos): TNM Path N (944)=> c0
    Field(Pos): CS Site-Specific Factor 3 (1009)=> 999
    Field(Pos): Date of Diagnosis (530)=> Y:2016 M:02 D:29
    Field(Pos): Primary Site (540)=> C600
    Field(Pos): Histologic Type ICD-O-3 (550)=> 8720
    Field(Pos): Type of Reporting Source (563)=> 8
    Field(Pos): Behavior Code ICD-O-3 (554)=> 2
    clinical stage melanoma in situ of foreskin
    09-01-16, 10:21 AM
    I have a case where the clinical workup only consists of physical exam which states ‘chronic inflammation of prepuce along with phimosis’. The patient undergoes circumcision which shows in situ malignant melanoma and no further treatment. My understanding is that this is pTis cN0 cM0, path stage group 0 and clinical T would be blank because there was no diagnosis prior to the definitive surgery. Therefore clinical stage group 99 entered into registry data field. Please advise if I am misunderstanding this because I am getting edits that want me to have pTis in the clinical T and clinical stage group 0. I understand that this would be the case if there had been a biopsy (incisional, punch, shave) prior to the surgery but there was not.

Jim Hofferkamp
    Keymaster

Good catch Julie!
    We updated this edit so it passes if the clin N is blank. We found another edit with the same issue. See the summary of changes below.

Added skipfor TNM Clin N only = blank. TNM Path N = blank skipped for checks on SSF 3 codes 005 and 010.
    2 edits modified, TNM N, SSF 3 Melanoma os Skin (CoC); TNM N, SSF 3 Merkel Cell (CoC)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Vendor and Central Registry Metafile Administrators’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Copyright © 2018 NAACCR, Inc. All Rights Reserved | naaccr-swoosh-only See NAACCR Partners and Sponsors