Facility/Hospital Addresses – Reliability and Use for Research

Home Forums Research & Data Use Facility/Hospital Addresses – Reliability and Use for Research

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hello, I have recently learned that in many cases (pardon the pun) the addresses documented in the registry is often the mailing address of the facility. For some facilities with multiple clinics spread across a geographic area (some across state boundaries), the physical location of the facility where diagnosis or treatment was received is not recorded in supporting documents. Have other registries evaluated this issue in their registry’s facility data? If so, how has it been addressed? I would imagine that this issue would vary across states and regions depending on the structure of their health care systems. Thanks a bunch! -Nan

AnonymousFrancis Boscoe
    Spectator

So, Recinda just reminded me (again) of the existence of this forum and I think it’s time to make more use of it.

Is this still an active question? Do you mean that the facility address is being used as the patient address? If so, it would be neat if we could flag these in SEER*DMS as non-residential addresses. We tend to find them ad hoc.

AnonymousDevon Brown
    Spectator

thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Research & Data Use’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Copyright © 2018 NAACCR, Inc. All Rights Reserved | naaccr-swoosh-only See NAACCR Partners and Sponsors