Edit_RunEdits callback for edits with multiple messages

Home Forums Edits EDITS50 Implementation Technical – programmers requesting help with implementing the API Edit_RunEdits callback for edits with multiple messages

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    AnonymousStefan Winden
    Spectator

Hi,

Is my understanding correct that Edit_RunEdits() calls callback_func multiple times for the same edit_tag if an edit produces multiple different error or warning messages?

Thanks,
    Stefan

AnonymousCharle Remen

Updated with email-reply from Kathleen Beaumont:

Your understanding is correct. I am attaching a document I prepared for a programmer who was struggling with this same concept. My callback_func creates a list of objects, one for each edit that reports an error or warning. The list is cleared when a new data record is loaded to run an edit set. Prior to creating the error object, the callback_func checks to see if the edit_tag is already in the list. If it is, it appends the error/warning message to the object’s list of messages. At the conclusion of the edit set, the processing loop prints all edit errors for that data record.

This is all explained in the attached document, including commented C++ code.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Technical – programmers requesting help with implementing the API’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Copyright © 2018 NAACCR, Inc. All Rights Reserved | naaccr-swoosh-only See NAACCR Partners and Sponsors