Reply To: Need to build an interface for XML to SQL Datadata

Reply To: Need to build an interface for XML to SQL Datadata

Home Forums NAACCR XML Standard Need to build an interface for XML to SQL Datadata Reply To: Need to build an interface for XML to SQL Datadata

AnonymousJeff Reed
Spectator

Thank you Rich,

The data generation tool Fabian pointed me to in the github community looks like it did a good job of generating test files, (haven’t used the files I generated yet). The tool populates 40-50 field variables so it is a good source to test basic load functionality but shy of being able to use for timing on a fully populated record load test.

Though my needs are only for processing ‘I’ records, the tool will be able to handle all record types. I am currently working on incorporating a user customized XML reference file to define the fields to extract into the load file.

I am handling the data as one flat file with each row representing a case/tumor. Patient/header data will be repeated on each row. Much of the validation and breakdown of the data will be done in the DB. I still see the database needed to check for duplicates and generate aggregate totals.

Building multiple files based on a relational data model is not envisioned at this point but I could see where that would be useful if there is a global data model of the data stores to match the XML. Generic SQL to generate schemas could be a component of that effort. Relationally we consider a unique case/tumor key on the facility_id, Accession_nbr and sequence_nbr. Identification of the patient is a different story which I am sure there is a healthy thread out there somewhere…

A correlated side project will be to use the EDIT50.DLL from the CDC to apply edit checks/scoring for each tumor record. This will be incorporated into the NAACCR XML file parser I am building (looking for a name for this beast). This process would also create KB delimited file(s) for use in bulk loading.

Thank you for all your feedback

J

Copyright © 2018 NAACCR, Inc. All Rights Reserved | naaccr-swoosh-only See NAACCR Partners and Sponsors